Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Quick Recap of the Weekend

Note: I was asked to take down the links to the photos for ownership reasons, which makes total sense.  That's why the links are no longer in this post.

I will post a longer description of the weekend later (see previous post), but right now I'm still kind of having it all sink in.  If I'm having trouble, I know the graduates of the camp are.  It was so incredibly awesome I'm going to have to let it digest for a bit so I can put it into words.  Met terrific people, watched the studends to amazing things mentally and physically, and came away very, very inspired. Met some terrific people and I can't wait for April!

I came away wanting to be a Kokoro (the camp's name) coach...to do so I'll have to go through it myself.  (I'd also like to recruite more women to go through, and to do that I'd also have to have gone through it).  There was one female who did at this camp, and she was amazing (only the fourth woman to complete it).

All of students were, as was Colin McLafferty, the fellow I sponsored.  (At the conclusion -- immediately after the class was secured! -- to stay in the CrossFit open games he did another WOD -- workout of the day -- to post a score and stay in.  Enormously impressive).

Sunday night, after it was all over, I did something I haven't done since college (none of us had, actually); my rental Hundai takes four passengers and me, a total of five.  Yet we stuffed six of us in there (five coaches, including Brad -- my coach and who is also a Kokoro coach, and me) and drove to a movie (Act of Valor).  Not my personal first choice, but when you're outnumbered by 5 to one you have to go with the majority.  It was a decent enough movie and loads of fun all around because of the company.

I gave Brad and Mike (another coach) a ride to the airport yesterday morning.  I mentioned that I'm now really leaning towards a yes of going (I kind of always have, ever since I saw the videos of Kokoro), and Brad was quite pleased to hear that.

"But," I said, "the problem now is that it's like having a bunch of friends convince you to join a fraternity and you do...which makes the hazing that much more intense."

Brad then let out the most evil chuckle I think I've ever heard from anyone....Oh dear!

You can either click on the first picture/video and go through one-by-one, or just pick random ones.  In the upper right corner of the field with all the pictures, you'll see a small slider bar; if you slide the dot all the way to the right, that will enlarge the thumbnails if they're too small for you.

Me, Colin McLafferty (the fellow I sponsored) and Brad McLeod, my coach.


No comments: